Content - Editorial - Events - Graduate - Journalist Salary: £27,000 - £30,000 : Market leading media events organiser seeks talented content manager to research and produce engaging, commercial content on policy led issues. A key focus is on the public sector so a strong interest in policy/politics/public sector is key together with a degree in politics/International relations.
Editor – Medical
- Salary £38,000-£40,000
- Leading media publisher seeks talented Editor to work across a globally recognised, market leading medical brand. It’s crucially important any potential candidates hold a PHD in a biological subject area. The brand is accessed online through many institutions, universities and teaching hospitals, its content being synonymous with high quality, robust research and practice.
Editor – Medical
£38,000 – £40,000
Location – Work from home (scope to work from home permanently even when office reopens)
Leading media publisher seeks talented Editor to work across a globally recognised, market leading medical brand. It’s crucially important any potential candidates hold a PHD in a biological subject area.
The brand is accessed online through many institutions, universities and teaching hospitals, its content being synonymous with high quality, robust research and practice.
This market leading title is also a commercial journal with many different revenue streams. Advertising, copyright licencing and bespoke industry supplements are a main stable along with new initiative media communications such as webinars, roadshows, consensus documents and even a Latin America edition four times a year.
Working for this cutting edge brand gives a well-rounded and sophisticated editorship to a progressive, forward thinking person with a keen interest in science and research that wants to be part of a journal which makes a profound difference to patient outcomes.
The established team supporting the publishing editor provides many opportunities for growth and progression. The right candidate will learn many new skills and help develop the brand to greater success.
Our client prides themselves on being able to act quickly in delivering new ideas and creative concepts to the market. During lockdown they have launched a week-long webinar series.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Sub-editing of articles for the monthly Journal and associated publications.
- Managing the commissioning of articles and developing the peer review process.
- Being involved in the whole editorial process.
- Managing and editing supplements and other projects related to the journal both offline and online.
- Representing the journal at meetings, press briefings conferences, exhibitions, educational and commercial events.
- Working closely with the editorial board members to ensure that the contents meet the needs of the journal audience.
- Managing the journals’ editorial budget ensuring that costs are strictly adhered to.
- Working with the sales team, associate publisher and publishing director to help maximise commercial potential for the journal.
- Managing and assisting with associated activities, including conferences, supplements, online initiatives, books and directories.
- Assisting in the process of marketing of subscriptions by keeping the department up to date of developments with editorial content.
- Producing conference programmes and chairing events as required.
Profile of Candidate:
- Strong editorial experience (within b2b publishing), minimum of 3 years +
- A PHD in a Science
- High standard of sub-editing, writing and on time publishing.
- A strong background in developing excellent relationship with professionals in the field, both editorially and commercially.
- Effective commissioning and per reviewed process.
- An excellent work ethic