Head of Operations – B2B Events 30 views2 applications
- Salary £50,000-£65,000
- An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Head of Operations to join a market leading, global media events business.
Head of Operations – B2B Events
£50,000-£65,000 + Company Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Head of Operations to join a market leading, global media events business. A rare opportunity to head up the operations for the company’s largest and most prestigious flagship event.
The Head of Operations will be an experienced operations manager coaching and developing the operations team and managing the entire budgeted costs for the event portfolio. The Head of Operations will be experienced in making costs saving decisions without compromising on quality and will work closely with the Event Director and Head of Sales to create new opportunities for growth.
This is a centralised role overseeing the entire event operations for the business. Our client produces over 600 events a year including exhibitions, conferences, seminars, training courses and forums.
- Ensure the event hits the targeted budgeted costs
- Manage and develop the Operations team using operations KPI’s to track performance
- Manage and Develop a close relationship with the principal event suppliers
- Build relationship with the event key stakeholders
- Demonstrate a high level of customer satisfaction from attention to customer needs and a high level of responsiveness – lead by example
- Work with the Event Director and Head of Sales to create new commercial opportunities and ensure event development
Knowledge – Experience and Skills
- Extensive event management experience in complex large-scale expo’s is a must
- Strong management experience
- Work to deadlines and manage costs and budgets
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong negotiation skills with venues, suppliers and sponsors
- Work under pressure and in collaboration with the entire team
- Customer first and ‘roll up sleeves’ approach
Lipton Media is a dynamic, proactive and progressive media recruitment agency solely dedicated to the media industry. We are leaders across media sales and creative opportunities. We cover: media, digital media, print, exhibition, event, conference, outdoor and radio sales, in addition to marketing, conference production and editorial jobs.
Our clients range from small start-up companies to FTSE 100 and 250 businesses. We work with people at every stage of their career from undergraduates looking for their first entry point into sales to senior managers and directors looking for their next challenge