- Salary £40,000 - £45,000 + Excellent Benefits
- Award-winning, leading independent media publishing and events business is looking for an experienced Editor/Science Writer to join their team. Our client is looking for an experienced Editor to join the science division to support the ongoing success of their leading international B2B information brands.
Editor/ Science Writer
Location: Kent (must be able to drive)
£40,000 – £45,000 + Excellent Benefits
Award-winning, leading independent media publishing and events business is looking for an experienced Editor/Science Writer to join their team.
Our client is looking for an experienced Editor to join the science division to support the ongoing success of their leading international B2B information brands.
All their brands have expanded rapidly in the past two years with web traffic and visitors more than doubling. The brands have a number of channels, including magazines, websites, webinars, events and newsletters.
The successful Editor/Science Writer candidate will manage and edit two leading brands. The work also involves looking after a fast-growing group of industry contributors who specialise in a wide range of relevant content. Some international travel is required.
We are looking for experienced candidates with a good track record of working closely with advertising, marketing and events departments to optimise commercial success.
A scientific degree with further experience in scientific and business-to-business publishing would be highly advantageous.
Editor/ Science Writer – Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivering content for the brands across all channels and targeting the appropriate to the audience – including website, email, print, video, podcast and webinar.
- Research and write and/ or Commission authors/ industry experts to produce articles and features for the title via interviews, telephone and email, to grow and develop the brand.
- Representing the publications at events in the UK and worldwide.
- Forward plan each year’s issues considering market trends.
- Identify future markets and new products with editorial & commercial potential
- Manage strategic partnerships with third parties in print and multimedia journalism.
- Ensure copy delivered is cleared for press and working closely with the production team.
- Management of Assistant Editors and Editorial Assistants.
Editor/ Science Writer – Key Skills/Requirements:
- Science (Chemical or Biology) related Batchelors or higher degree.
- Degree in a journalism, communications or a related field, or related work experience.
- 3+ years of experience managing content for a publication in the B2B sector.
- Proven digital B2B editorial experience, producing insight-driven journalism for news portals.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Strong proofing / subbing skills /attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills – Microsoft Office is essential, including Word and Excel. Adobe creative packages would be advantageous but not essential.
·25 Days Holiday
·Friday 4 pm Finish
·Xmas closure – 3 days gifted
·Flexible remote working
·Training and development plans
·Subsidised yoga onsite
·Laptops for all new starters
·Onsite car park
·Fully fitted kitchen with refreshments
Lipton Media is a specialist media recruitment agency based in London. We specialise in all forms of b2b media sales including conferences, exhibitions, awards, summits, publishing, digital, outdoor, TV, radio and business intelligence.
Our clients range from small start-up companies to FTSE 100 and 250 businesses. We work with people at every stage of their career from undergraduates looking for their first entry point into sales to senior managers and directors looking for their next challenge.