Senior Account Manager – Exhibitions
- Salary £45,000 - £52,000 + Uncapped Commission + Benefits
- With over 40 years of heritage, our client’s industry leading brands provide a platform for innovation, dialogue, networking and global trade - bringing together exhibitors and visitors from around the world, physically and online, to buy, sell and make connections. Their global series of highly prestigious, industry leading events is comprised of four physical shows, in four continents, and an extensive suite of online activities that spans the year and the globe. Globally, they welcome over 60,000 visitors to their events and over 1200 technology providers.
Senior Account Manager – Exhibitions
£45,000 – £52,000 + Uncapped Bonus + Excellent Benefits
With over 40 years of heritage, our client’s industry leading brands provide a platform for innovation, dialogue, networking and global trade – bringing together exhibitors and visitors from around the world, physically and online, to buy, sell and make connections.
Their global series of highly prestigious, industry leading events is comprised of four physical shows, in four continents, and an extensive suite of online activities that spans the year and the globe. Globally, they welcome over 60,000 visitors to their events and over 1200 technology providers.
The Senior Account Manager is responsible for securing rebooked and retained revenues across the event, digital and sponsorship solutions and leading the retention team on this industry leading event portfolio.
- Manage a large pool (150+) of customers and their participation at the show, whether as an exhibitor and/or sponsor, through developing, planning and executing a robust sales plan.
- Manage the relationship with all of your customers by maintaining regular contact (via face to face meetings, phone calls, or emails), acting as their first point of contact, responding to their requests and queries directly, and keeping them informed of developments on the event.
- Keep up to date CRM records and provide pipeline reports to enable accurate revenue forecasting for your customers.
- Attend competitor events to better understand the sector and service your customers.
- Develop knowledge of your customers’ industry sectors to support relevant marketing communications and event initiatives that improve retention.
- Attend the event you support to re-book your customers for the next year’s event and collect feedback on the current year’s event with the aim of improving retention rate
- Grow revenue from your customers by upselling and cross-selling (e.g. increasing the area they purchase, selling sponsorship, cross-selling onto other events, etc.).
Sales Leader / Team Management
Act as the sales leader for the Account Management / Retention team and the line manager of junior Account Managers. This includes: conducting 1:1s; reviewing team pipelines; supporting on key meetings as appropriate; coaching and developing each sales team member; recruiting.
Management of the onsite rebooking process including working with any agency staff or temporary team members.
Key Profile Requirements
- Previous experience (3-4 years) in a similar sales or relationship-management role, ideally within exhibitions
- Previous experience (1-2 years) in a manager or mentoring role
- Consultative sales approach
- Experience of working to and exceeding a sales target
- Proven experience increasing customer spend year on year
- Proven experience of selling sponsorship
- Proven experience selling digital solutions
- Proven experience in developing and selling innovative and client-focused solutions
- Commercially minded being able to implement initiatives identified
- Experience of regularly dealing with senior stakeholders up to and including the C-Suite
Lipton Media is a dynamic, proactive and progressive media recruitment agency solely dedicated to the media industry. We are leaders across media sales and creative opportunities.
We cover: media sales, digital media sales, print sales, exhibition sales, event sales, conference sales, outdoor sales, radio sales, marketing, conference production and editorial jobs.
Our clients range from small start-up companies to FTSE 100 and 250 businesses. We work with people at every stage of their career from undergraduates looking for their first entry point into sales to senior managers and directors looking for their next move.