Senior Events Manager
- Salary £50,000 - £55,000 + Excellent Benefits
- Award-leading, medical technology business seeks an outstanding Senior Event Manager to join their highly talented team of event professionals. Our client is now looking for a Senior Events Manager/ Senior Global Events Manager to join their fast-paced events team in their north London office.
Senior Events Manager – B2B Events
£50,000 – £55,000 + Excellent Benefits
Award-leading, medical technology business seeks an outstanding Senior Event Manager to join their highly talented team of event professionals.
Our client is now looking for a Senior Events Manager/ Senior Global Events Manager to join their fast-paced events team in their north London office.
We are looking for a Senior Event Manager with 6 years plus in b2b conference, exhibition and awards event management.
This role will focus on managing a number of high bespoke b2b events, a high level audience consisting of global business leaders. The format of these events will be a mix of virtual (initially) and then physical b2b conferences, exhibitions and awards.
Role – Senior Event Manager / Senior Global Events Manager
The successful Senior Event Manager will be responsible for the event management of a number of flagship b2b events. This will involve end to end management ensuring every aspect of the portfolio runs as smoothly as possible.You will be personally managing event budgets in excess of £400k, therefore previous experience at this level is an absolute must for this role.
This role will comprise dealing with venues, sponsors, suppliers, speakers and delegates on a day to day basis. You will be responsible for the on-site management of your events, thus giving you hands-on experience of an exciting range of projects. You will also have the opportunity to attend production meetings to see how events come together from start to finish. You may from time to time be asked to help on additional duties beyond your allocated events depending on the workload of the team.
Senior Event Manager – Profile of Candidate
- Previous event operations experience (6 years + within b2b events)
- Experience managing budgets in excess of £350k +
- Bright, confident individual with proven project management skills and strong commercial acumen
- Able to quickly grasp new ideas, think on their feet and work to deadlines
- Desire to travel globally
- Second language is a great benefit
- Excellent communication skills. Able to work independently and as part of a team within a pressurised environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and project management skills
- Strong numeric skills – essential for budget and cost control
- Strong negotiation skills with venues, suppliers and sponsors
- Excellent organisational skills and most importantly, a drive to succeed is essential to assist in the smooth running of the event
- Able to work under pressure in a calm and patient manner. Have a flexible attitude and ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously
Lipton Media is a dynamic, proactive and progressive media recruitment agency solely dedicated to the media industry. We are leaders across media sales and creative opportunities. We cover: media sales, digital media sales, print sales, exhibition sales, event sales, conference sales, outdoor sales, radio sales, marketing, conference production and editorial jobs.
Our clients range from small start-up companies to FTSE 100 and 250 businesses. We work with people at every stage of their career from undergraduates looking for their first entry point into sales to senior managers and directors looking for their next challenge.